1. We will get new vocabulary words...Click here for Oct. Words. Our test will be the week of Oct.
2. We will review the work you did last week that you submitted on Schoology.
We will review the following questions:
- What is Bernoulli's Principle?
- How is a sail like an airplane wing?
- What is a keel, and what does it do?
- Explain sailing down wind. (be specific, with details)
- Why don't boats drift sideways?
- Define bouyancy.
- Explain how boats can sail upwind.
- Explain how a boat can travel faster than the wind.
3. We will begin to build and design the body of our sail car.
Each group will get a plank of wood. Each group will be designing their own body shape. After deciding the shape Mr. Shoemaker will cut the shape out for you.
Each group will work on wheels, and sails. If I can get enough paint we will also paint the car bodies.
When designing your body of your car, you need to make sure you design it with the intent that will be:
You want to first design your whole car on paper, or a blue print. After you and your partner have designed your whole car, you need to make sure you talk to Mr. Shoemaker to get your designed approved. I have no problem with you taking this design to other students ot teachers to get some feedback before you get to cutting the body.
Make sure you look at the rubric to make sure your project is meeting the requirements.