All Geodesic Domes are due by Nov. 4th! Keep working to get all of your domes built. When your group is finished please help other groups to get finished.
5th and 6th Grade
The purpose for today's lesson is for us to learn engineering and design often require applying principles of a specific design to another purpose. You will learn how Karl Benz applied the concepts of the bicycle to combustion to invent the first self powered automobile used for personal use.
- How engineers used the principles of the wheel design to improve transportation efficiency.
- The first 3 wheeled automobile.....(if time)
- How internal and external combustion work to generate usable energy
- how the circumference and an area of a circle are applied to solve real world problems.
1. Who invented the wheel?
2. When was it invented?
3. How has the wheel changed the way we live?
Check out this video on the Origins of the Wheel.
Combustion: is the process that takes place when oxygen atoms, heat, and a fuel source react with each other.
Check out this website on the combustion engine. compare that to the steam engine.
circumference formula C = 2 (3.14) x R
Area of a Circle A = 3.14 x R X R