Today we will be looking at trampolines. It is my goal that you have an understanding how bounce is created and how physics affects rebound is important in engineering. We will apply kinetic and potential energy and Newton's laws of gravitation to your trampoline designs.
Some of the the things we will be looking at are:
- The history of trampoline
- Kinetic and potential energy
- Friction, and creating rebound
- Finding measurements to the nearest 1/8 of an inch
- Applying the equation E = KE + PE (total energy = kinetic energy + potential energy)
- Conservation of Energy is a cool Scratch to help explain some Energy concepts.