This week is our last competition. It is a CD car. I hope that all of you have brought your own CDs. I have a few, but it I have to give you some you have to partner up.
The purpose for today's lesson is for us to learn engineering and design often require applying principles of a specific design to another purpose. You will learn how Karl Benz applied the concepts of the bicycle to combustion to invent the first self powered automobile used for personal use.
- How engineers used the principles of the wheel design to improve transportation efficiency.
- The first 3 wheeled automobile.....(if time)
- How internal and external combustion work to generate usable energy
- how the circumference and an area of a circle are applied to solve real world problems.
Invention of the Dynasphere
1. Who invented the wheel?
2. When was it invented?
3. How has the wheel changed the way we live?
Combustion: is the process that takes place when oxygen atoms, heat, and a fuel source react with each other.
Check out this website on the combustion engine. compare that to the steam engine.
circumference formula C = 2 (3.14) x R
Area of a Circle A = 3.14 x R X R